(Not sure if you are warm or cool? A quick way to determine your undertone is to look at your your veins. In natural light do your veins look slightly green? If so, you’re warm. If your veins have more of a blue tint or even a hint of purple, your undertones are cool. If you can’t quite decide and your veins are more of blue-green color, then you have neutral undertones.)
Metal colors complement your coloring. Silver, platinum, stainless steel, and white gold coordinate with cool tones. Yellow gold, rose gold, bronze, brass and copper are compatible with warm colors.
Metal finishes complement the intensity of your coloring. They vary from the softness of brushed, matte, textured or antiqued to the brightness of polished and shiny.
* Softer, brushed, matte, and antiqued finishes are more complementary as we go through life. Textured hair and skin need softer finishes. If you have some quality shiny pieces, mix them with brushed, softer pieces (which is what I've done).
* Smooth hair and skin? Shiny metals are the way to go.
* Warm skin and cool eyes look fantastic with mixed metals near the face! Green, blue, cool gray, and cool brown eyes with warm skin are winners for mixed metals. Another option is to wear gold accessories with cool clothing and silver with warm for something unexpected.
* Cool skin and eyes should stay with with the cool metals.
* Neutral skin tones can easily wear both gold and silver.
What are your best metals?
-J Kelley, Style & Beauty Blogger
Kelley Johnson, AICI CIC
Association of Image Consultants International Certified Image Consultant
Style and Beauty Blogger