Ready to Try Some Street Style?
What is street style, anyway? The simplest answer is that street style, or street fashion, is what regular, everyday people are wearing on the streets. Major clothing designers have looked to the streets for inspiration for decades. What is different about street style is that it isn't just one style--it encompasses a whole range of styles, allowing us to be more authentic in our dress, and less "in a box". Street style is for every age.
Some popular street styles that are still around today:
* Bohemian/Hippie (denim, flared pants)
* Preppy (plaid, argyle sweaters, chinos, Oxford shirts, boat shoes)
* Hipster (glasses, jeans, beanies, sneakers)
* Greaser (Levis 501's, t-shirts, leather jackets, sunglasses, cowboy boots)
* Feminine (dresses, hats, sunglasses, floral prints)
While street style is about dressing yourself in your own unique style based loosley on common trends, be prepared for a sartorial challenge if you haven't done this before. One thing to always keep in mind: Keep the weight of the fabric similar. A heavy winter sweater with fine silk pants won't work.
If you want to try some very modern street style:
* Bold (size, color, or both) sunglasses
* Ear Cuffs
* Frayed hemlines
* Socks with heels
* White sneakers
* Leather pants and sneakers
* Bold monochrome
Here is a fun quiz from MarieClaire to find out your street style:
Here are a few of my street style inspired outfits:
If you are interested in more fashion and beauty tips, plus how I style my outfits, stop by http://www.thebeautyloungeblog.com/